I’ve been tagged by Through the Key Hole
by Jo. I’ve been to Bolton Abbey – it was one of my favorite places to visit along with the very interesting town of York. I had ancestors who lived in Yorkshire and York so I was walking where they had walked. Here are my answers to your questions:
1. What is your earliest memory?
I remember being so angry that I ran away from home with my trusty dog, Sad Eyes; I was the tender age of 5. Sad Eyes was a hunting dog and could have dragged me along but he went along with me willingly. I am sure we didn’t go very far because a block was a long ways to go with short legs.
|Large dog in front is Sad Eyes
My best memory from that age was being in a stage show and doing the hula. I was in seventh heaven because I always wanted to be a dancer. I had a real costume and I think I did a good job.
2. Who would you hate to be stuck in a lift with and why?
My older brother; he’s extremely claustrophobic and he’d probably have a heart attack. This picture is of my brother and myself long because claustrophobic attacked us both. It was taken behind our parent’s drive-in so it looks like shanty town but it is not – just an alleyway and a couple of sheds, although one looks like an outhouse. We had a new home with indoor plumbing.
3. What is your favourite food?
I have this horrible sweet tooth and I’ve always said that sugar is very addicting, but getting down to really eating, my favorite food is a filet mignon medium rare with a giant baked potato fully loaded.
4. What was the first record you bought?
That’s a hard one because I don’t have the records anymore in all my moving around from Idaho to Utah to Alaska. I remember the Sun label and it was probably Elvis because I developed a love for his music early.
5. What’s the first thing you do when you get out of bed? I run to the bathroom and turn off fans.
6. What was your first job?
I worked in a movie theatre as the cashier. It was nice because I was inside the theatre and not stuck outside in a window cage.
7. Who is your favourite author?
Robin Cook writes the best medical mysteries ever. I also like Tony Hillerman who writes mysteries about the New Mexico and the Navaho Indian Reservations.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world on holiday, where would it be?
I have dreams of flying into Paris, getting on a train and traveling through Europe. Of course my dream of all dreams is going to Poland to Sztabin and to Klobuck where my ancestors lived.
9. Do you have a party trick?
No, not much of a partier.
10. Will you be watching the 2012 olympics?
I enjoy watching the opening and closing ceremonies and bits in between so yes I will watch 2012 olympics.
11. Do you have any bad habits?
Yes, I always seem to want a snack at 7:30 pm regardless if I’ve had a large evening meal or not. I need to break this habit but it’s very hard since I live alone.
This is get to know you week so have some fun doing it.
Those who are being tagged:
Questions I’d like you to answer are:
1. What is your most cherished memory of childhood?
2. Cats, dogs or horses?
3. Is your house too big or too small?
4. Where have you lived?
5. Would you rather see it rain or snow?
6. What is your favorite cheese?
7. What is at the top of your wish list?
8. What is your opinion of China?
9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
10. Have you ever been to a ghost town; if so where?
11. Who is your favorite author?