I am joining in with the Friday Bliss List party at Liv Lanes.
1. I am thankful for my grandchildren. Sean got his first pair of glasses and what do little boys do, they make faces at the camera. If it’s not a head tilt, it is a partial maybe I won’t or maybe I will smile or let’s just suck in a bottom lip smile.
2. I actually finished my first wired pendant. I used copper to practice with but I still had to special order square wire. It needs a fine copper chain not the one I had but it worked. I used a pear shaped crystal quartz – not a cheap stone to practice on.
3. Today is a wonderfully bright sunny day with no breezes and blissfully, the barometer is not moving or bringing a churning migraine. The view from my backyard is spectacular. The sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong weathermen are predicting snow on Sunday so if they are right, our mountains will get more snow and we may see some here in the valley.
4. My birthday is coming up in a few days and as I think about it, I remember all of the friends and family whom I have outlived. I am lucky to have lived to this age. My best friend died of breast cancer at age 40. My daughter sent me the following for my birthday: a very cute ring pin cushion, a bar of delicious smelling cranberry soap, a slice of blue and pink birthday cake (soap) and an owl pendant. Can’t get fat on soap cake!
5. My rhubarb is coming up and looking really good. I am totally nuts about rhubarb – it not only reminds me of my grandmother Clarissa who made syrup and jam from rhubarb but also her famous strawberry rhubarb pie. I like rhubarb so much that I can even eat it raw but usually, I make a thick syrup and put it on hot cakes.
5. I love the little prime roses that survived the winter and are clustering larger.