This is a postcard from 1909 that was sent to my grandmother before she married. Ervin lived in Standrod, Idaho and she lived in Almo, Idaho and had met at a dance. He was trying to be the charming young man who enjoyed dancing with her and was anxious for the next dance to come.
1. We had three blissful days of warmth. It even got up to 80 one day. The birds are back and I’ve kept a listening ear open to hear their tunes.
2. My neighbor and friend is moving – sad for me but happy for her. She asked if I could get boxes. Well, now. I took a look in my basement and found all kinds of odds and ends, small and big boxes that my daughter left when she moved. As I was checking my garage, walla – found about 15 folded boxes that I hadn’t even noticed before. It felt so good to help a friend and get rid of boxes that just take up space. Although, now I might have to clean my garage it is such a mess.
3. One of the better water aerobic instructors found out that I make hand made jewelry and asked if I wanted to display some at her home where she does nails. She is a sweet young girl who loves to dance just like I do. She went to Arabia this year and even taught water aerobics there. The jury is still out, haven’t decided if I like this necklace I made or not.
4. Count down begins, I’ll be going to California in August for my 4th grandchild’s birth. Can’t wait.
5. I’ve been blogging about my adventures in Alaska which really takes me back to my single and carefree days when all I had to worry about was getting up on time to go to work.